So it as been 11 days since Dominic made his appearance. Dennis and I can already see such a difference in him in such a short time. I think he is finally putting on some weight. We'll see if I'm right when we go to the doctor on Monday. So I know most of you that are reading this want me to write about how cute he is and all the different things he is doing and post lots of pictures. With time, I will do that, but today I feel like writing about me. (Big surprise...)
So I am not dumb. I was aware from the beginning of this journey that my body would never be the same. I knew that when I was leaving the hospital I wouldn't be back to how I was pre-pregnancy (which itself wasn't all that great) immediately. I am actually sorta surprised at how much has fallen off so quickly without really doing much other than watching what I eat. I am aware that some women never even lose the weight that they gained during pregnancy. This is what I think is crap. You endure 9 VERY LONG MONTHS of nastiness to your body. Then for the icing on the cake, you push a child out of an area that really isn't big enough for a child (hence the need for episiotomies). Then even after all that, you need to now take care of him. Although all they do at first is eat, sleep and poop it is a very tiring job trying to recover from child birth and care for a newborn. Really, that is all ok though. The kicker for me is that I did all this stuff - pregnancy, no work, boredom, childbirth, feedings, diaper changes, lack of sleep - and I can't even make myself feel cute to make up for it. (Obviously the child itself is a reward. I feel like that is implied, hence why I love him DESPITE all this. ) When we finally had an opportunity to go out, what happens? I spend 20 minutes crying because I have nothing to wear. And I really don't. It's not the usual closet full of clothes and you just don't like anything crying. I literally have no clothes that fit me, except sweatpants and tshirts. Sexy. Maternity clothes are already too big (which is a good thing) but regular clothes are not even close to fitting. Awesome.
So that is where I am right now. I think it is only fair, that after a pregnancy a women's body immediately be fixed. Not even to pre-pregnancy, to WHEREVER SHE WANTS IT TO BE. So, if I want my body to be the size it was when I graduated from high school, then that is what I should get. Without any work. Just as a reward for sacrificing my body for so long. I really think that is the cure to post partum depression.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You invent the magic wand that makes that happen and you'll be even richer than timmy when he finally gets around to making that teleportation device unit he's been promising me!
I definitely agree. I think your on to something.
Babies always change so much in the beginning I think it's amazing. One of the many things to look forward to with being a mom :)
it gets better...i promise. its just a slow process. I wore my maternity jeansforever out of the hosue when i had to look appropriate for going out in public even tho they didnt fit right. i know how frustrating it is, and there is nothing you can do but wait it out, which SUCKS.
Post a Comment