Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Holy Cow!

So this is my last blog entry as pregnant lady...which is surprisingly bittersweet. I am beyond excited to think about how I get to hold Dominic today. I get to FINALLY see what he looks like and kiss his little cheeks. But, it really is wierd to think that after today, I will likely never be pregnant again. All I ever did was complain about how horrible pregnancy is. And it really is horrible. Don't let people fool you when they say it is beautiful. They forget. As I am sure I will too. The baby is beautiful, even if they are ugly, the pregnancy sucks. But regardless, this has been my identity for 9 months, and today, that goes away. I swear it is so strange how for 25 years of my life I wasn't pregnant, but I honestly do not even remember what I am like not pregnant. I am almost a little nervous to find out. It will obviously be different than anything I ever was before, because now I will be a Mommy. A whole new identity. Just like that.

While I am sitting here thinking about this whole journey in my head, I am already forgetting all the sucky things. I guess it is just because this day is what you have been enduring all that for, and that is totally overwhelming.

You have hope when you get married that it will last forever. Why would you ever get married if you didn't think that was possible? But it isn't guarunteed. Becoming a parent is the only thing in life that lasts forever. Even in death, you are still someone's parent, and they are still your child. Although I have felt from the moment we found out we were having a baby that this was my child, there is really nothing like the feeling of today. Beginning today, I will no longer be simply Becky - I have some pretty important "titles" in my life right now - wife, teacher, friend, sister - but now I will add Mom, which is by far the most important one.

I know I usually try to keep my blog light hearted, maybe even throw in a few jokes to keep you laughing, so sorry for being serious. It is just such a crazy thing to feel right now and to really have no idea how to express it. I have no idea if I want to sit here and cry while I am writing this, maybe because I am sad that this is all over, and definitely because I am happy that this whole new thing is starting. Maybe I will just cry for both at the same time. :)

I will be back writing tomorrow probably. Women and Infants has wi fi. I can't promise though. I do promise that Dennis will send people pictures and I will do my best to update with pictures as soon as I can.

Until next time...with my new baby!

PS: Dennis, I love you.

1 comment:

Fabulous FĂȘtes said...

So yeah.....that made me cry. THANKS!
I'll be thinking of you today hoping the best for the 3 of you!