So I am completely crazy. I had a baby 4 weeks ago tomorrow. Dominic will be a month old on Thursday...time has flown. Anyway, I am completely crazy because I signed up to play soccer. It starts in 2 weeks. Ha. I can walk a mile right now and not collapse and die. I'm not sure what happens if I push too much past that. This is a good idea. Whatever, I need to get rid of this giant amount of baby fat and I hate the gym. Despite what people seem to tink, I actually like to do active things, but not at the gym. I need a purpose, like say scoring a goal, or trying to get the ball from someone that is trying to score a goal. We'll see how it goes. I am playing with Dennis, which is either going to be great or not. Probably nothing in between. I'm going to have to get better at listening to his constructive critiscms. He is excited, and has already scheduled a time for my mom to watch the baby so we can go kick the ball around and "run up and down the field passing the ball". Sounds great :) (I appreciate his enthusiasm...I really do, but running up and down a field when it is 90 out for no reason is really not all that exciting to me.) I am going to play one night a week and Dennis is going to play 2 nights a week. I am going to play on the team that has them most girls, because I need a sub. The league has rules that you have to have 3 girls playing at all times - and last season they only had 3 girls on the team and one isnt coming back. So, I am only going to play if they have more 3 girls since I really will die if I have to play an entire game. This should be interesting.
So Dennis set himself on fire on the 4th of July. Stone cold sober too. He is ok. He ended up with minor facial burns. We were at a cook out at our friend Beccy's (yes she spells it wierd) house. She has a charcoal grill and there were a few too many matchlight charcoals in it, so the flame was really high. Well, long story short, he went to open the grill after moving it away from the house, but didn't realize the front vent was closed and this giant flame came up in his face. He burnt his cheeks, nose and lips, and his eyebrows and beard caught on fire. Fortunately, he had pot holder in his hand and was able to snuff the beard fire out. All in all, it could have been much worse, but it still freaked us both out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good luck with soccer! I'm sure you will do fine. You'll be a hot soccer mom!
As for the fire in your husbands face. That is nuts. Thank god he's ok though!
yeah, have fun with soccer!! i did awesome my first game after baby (seriously, not lying). and then reality kicked in for game #2-8 hahaha. yeah. still fun though!
Post a Comment