I'm back! Yay. It has been 3 months since the last time I wrote. I'm sure my "regulars" aren't regulars anymore - but I will just announce my return on facebook and all will likely be better.
So a lot has happened in 3 months. I've been kind of busy with a baby. And then work started. And I started grad school. So free time is at a premium. Other than that though...
Dominic is getting so big! He is going to be 4 months on Friday. It's crazy how fast it has gone by, but at the same time I really can't remember what life was like without him. I think the most frustrating thing about being a parent is listening to older adults in your life (parents, aunts, uncles, etc.) tell you things as if you are an idiot. It is especially frustrating when they think it's not them. Everyone does it. When I point it out too, they are always like I can't help it, it just happens, you'll understand when Dominic has a child. No apologies, no comment about how they know we are competent...just excuses. I am also pretty sure that happens to everyone that has a child so I can imagine you are feeling my pain right now.
The 3 month mark for Dom was where the fun really began. He is standing up now -he holds onto our fingers with his hands. It's wicked cute. Last night he stood up on his own - like used his own legs to push himself up. Usually we pick him up to standing position and he will stand. That was pretty exciting. I haven't actually caught him rolling over, but there are nights we put him in his crib facing one way and go in there later and he is facing the complete opposite direction. He has also found his voice over the last month. He "talks" like a maniac (must get it from his dad...). It is ridiculously cute. He really tries to have conversations with us. I am really enjoying parenthood right now.
Anyway, I will make an effort to write again. I promise. Maybe even this weekend!! if you want to see cute pictures of Dom go here: http://albums.phanfare.com/delbarone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment