So I am officially a grown up. I guess I could have been officially considered a grown up a while ago, but it is really starting to set in now. I had my baby shower and now have an apartment full of baby stuff and we put an offer in on a house. It's kind of wierd that the house offer makes me feel more grown up than the baby. I guess because I have been pregnant for 8 months and only house shopping for one...so I have had less time to mentally prepare. :)
First lets talk about the baby shower. I actually can't believe that the baby shower is over. I remember when my mom booked the shower how it seemed so far away and I thought about what it would be like to be that pregnant. I was so crazy at one point (I still am crazy but in a different way) that I actually WANTED to be really pregnant and showing a lot. I thought it was so cute. Haha. I was so dumb. I am now that pregnant and feel very uncute. The shower was successful though. It was nice to see so many people that I haven't seen in a while and to get all sorts of baby stuff! I do have a mjor complaint though (you knew I would). My mom and her friends were very adament that I open my presents at the shower. I HATE opening presents in front of people..and I really don't enjoy watching people open presents. I am often so uncomfortable in chairs for an extended period of time that I get a bit cranky...and I had on a dress which made it awkward to sit while trying to open present and not flash everyone. But, my mom paid for the shower and wanted the presents opened there, so that is what I did. Well, it was definetly not as bad as I imagined it to be. We were able to set up an assembly line and go very fast..we were done with eating, dessert and presents within 2 hours. The complaint comes in regarding my mom's attention span during the present opening. She didn't even watch me open my presents!! She was sitting kinda in the back with her friends (the same ones that said I had to open them...) and they were talking, making all sorts of noise and not paying attention at all. Generally, this wouldn't bother me, but these are the people that said I had to open them. AND THEY DIDN'T WATCH! Halfway through, I yelled to my mom asking her what the last thing I opened was. She had no idea. Whatever.
I did get lots of really nice gifts and lots and lots of gift cards and money! We were able to basically buy everything we needed for the baby. We have a few things left - mostly odds and ends. We need more receiving blankets, socks, some lotions, sheets, etc. But all the big things are purchased. Which is a HUGE stress relief. However I am now trying to decide if I even set the stuff up since we have put an offer on a house.
The house is a foreclosure, so the process from if they accept the bid (think good thoughts about that..because its ALOT less than what the house is worth) to when we move in is fairly short. We don't have to wait for people to find a place to live or move out. There is definetly some work that needs to be done to the house. But since my stepdad is a contractor and has temporarily retired (he says he is really retired but I know he's lying) he has lots of time to work on it and is actually quite excited to. We probably have about a month or so worth of work before moving in. We want to put all new floors, a new bathroom, a semi-new kitchen and new paint. Sounds like a lot - but it actually isn't that much work. This is all for cosmetic purposes, so it's not like a gutting of each room, its more like an update. Anyway let me tell you a bit about the house. It is a 3 bedroom cape with a 2 car garage. There is one full bath upstairs and a half bath on the first floor. All 3 bedrooms are upstairs and are actually a nice size. There are like a million closets (which is HUGE for me - because all I ever complain about is how we have no closet space). The basement is almost fully finished. There is a family room area and a separate work room that has like a sink and cabinets. There is also a mud room in between the garage and the kitchen and a sunroom off the living room (which has a really nice fireplace). The house is on a nice sized corner lot with a fire place in the backyard. It also has a covered patio. I know it is impossible for you to picture but I am excited.
I'll keep you updated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you arent keeping us updated as your previous post says...you are seriously slacking. i mean seriously, you arent even working :) so you should have plenty of time to blog.... especially since you are almost ready to pop and that gives you so much motivation to do things like write about the fun-ness of being preggo...
Post a Comment